Applying for Reception or Year 7 September start
CLOSING DATES FOR SCHOOL APPLICATIONS
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CLOSING DATES:
Year 6 - due to transfer into high school in September 2024.
The statutory closing date is 31st October 2023.
Reception children – due to start primary school in September 2024.
The statutory closing date is 15th January 2024.
Please click the link at the top of the page to apply for a school place.
or enter this in to your website address bar: https://forms.office.com/e/SXpbaW3ca4
A STEP–BY–STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A PLACE AT PENWORTHAM BROAD OAK PRIMARY SCHOOL:
1. Book a visit at Penwortham Broad Oak Primary School - see above or contact us for details of our Open Days.
2. Look at the Admission Booklet/Prospectus
3.Complete an online application form by clicking the link at the top of the page (and ensure this is returned PRIOR to the deadline date.)
4.The Local Authority will write (or email) to you confirming your child’s place.
5. School will write to you informing you of our Induction Process (parents information evening, pupil induction sessions, home visits etc.)
6. Please note that our Published Admissions Number (PAN) is currently 30. This is the maximum number of pupils the school will admit to the Reception Class each Autumn.
7. If the school is over-subscribed, the following document has details of the criteria used to determine admissions:
8. If your child is disabled or has special educational or health needs, please refer to the following website as well as our SEN Policy and Accessability Policy.