Applying for Reception or Year 7 September start
CLOSING DATES FOR SCHOOL APPLICATIONS
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CLOSING DATES:
Year 6 - due to transfer into high school in September 2022.
The statutory closing date is 31 October 2021.
Reception children – due to start primary school in September 2022.
The statutory closing date is 15 January 2022.
Please click the link at the top of the page to apply for a school place.
WE ARE A POPULAR SCHOOL – PLEASE RING TO BOOK A ‘GUIDED TOUR’ AND FOR MORE INFORMATION ON BOOKING YOUR CHILD’S PLACE OR BETTER STILL, COME ALONG TO ONE OF OUR OPEN DAYS.
A STEP–BY–STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A PLACE AT PENWORTHAM BROAD OAK PRIMARY SCHOOL:
1. Book a visit at Penwortham Broad Oak Primary School - see our website or contact us for details of our Open Days.
2. Look at the Admission Booklet/Prospectus
3.Complete an online application form by clicking the link at the top of the page (and ensure this is returned PRIOR to the deadline date.)
4.The Local Authority will write (or email) to you confirming your child’s place.
5. School will write to you informing you of our Induction Process (parents information evening, pupil induction sessions, home visits etc.)
6. Please note that our Published Admissions Number (PAN) is currently 30. This is the maximum number of pupils the school will admit to the Reception Class each Autumn.
7. If the school is over-subscribed, the following document has details of the criteria used to determine admissions:
8. If your child is disabled or has special educational or health needs, please refer to the following website as well as our SEN Policy and Accessability Policy.